A Ring on my finger tomorrow would be nice.....
No, no I'm not getting engaged or expecting to anytime soon. I'm referring to the biggest test of my materialism and it happened to me today. I lost my watch and my two rings that I always wear. I could care less about the watch but one of the rings was from Kat and the other was a gold ring from my parents so the rings, especially the one from my parents, have sentimental value. I mean, that ring reminds me of their love for me. However, just because I lost the ring does not mean that they will stop loving me. Its just that I feel kind of like I am honouring them and all they've done for me when I wear it and now that I lost it I just want to cry. It makes me think of the whole idea of if you are trustworthy and faithful with the little things, then you can be trusted with the bigger things. I'm not really sure if that applies to material possessions as well as other things. Needless to say, I am extremely upset I lost this ring because it makes no sense. I had taken off my watch and rings because I didn't want them to get sticky (I was working with lemonade for methadone) and I can remember the exact moment I was taking them off, but I don't know where they went. Usually I put them in my jeans pocket and they had fallen out once before today, so I hope its just a matter of them falling out in the store so one of the other workers finds them. Meanwhile, I'm praying that God would help me find them, as simple and selfish as that is.
On the plus side, there was a huge sheet of large-sized bubble packing at work today so I brought it home to pop....good stress reliever.


1 Comments:
yay !!! shantzy and her bubble wrap! Hon.. sorry to hear about your rings... I'll be thinking and praying for you... love you tons hon! give me a shout one of these days - love to know what's happenin' in the 141 world
your non-roomie
-Becca
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home