Sunday, February 20, 2005

Untitled Randomness

Yes, it has been almost a week since I last blogged but this past week I just didn't have time to think about having any inspirational/big thoughts, let alone blog them. It was a super crazy week for me, although I didn't really have that much to do compared to other people. I only had 2 midterms this week and a group meeting for a project. I spent the first part of the week cramming for my Wednesday night nutrition exam and then I spent Thursday night panicking about my Exercise Physiology midterm on Friday because I just did not have time to study as much as I needed to. I was praying to God to have mercy on me and help me do well.....and boy did he pull through!!! I checked my mark for Exercise Phys. on Saturday and I got the highest mark in the class.....94%. All I can say is praise God, because it sure wasn't me that got that mark.

I was so glad that the week was over on Friday but I was dreading the weekend because of how crappy last weekend was for me. However, this weekend has so far been a pretty good rebound/recovery from last weekend. This school year I have really come to understand what the joy of the Lord is. You know when you're super stressed out, tired and worried and yet you feel peace and just can't stop smiling? Yeah, that was what I was like at work yesterday of all places! I was like, YES!!! I have God's joy again!!! In times and days like that, I can truly say that the joy of the Lord is my strength because there is no other explanation for why I feel the way I do.

Man, this month has been like a blast to the past for me. First car flirting and cruising.....and then ditzy talk. That's right, I make a very good ditz/stupid girl if I really try (and for all of you who are thinking, "she doesn't really need to try at all" all I have to say is grrrrr...... and SLAP!) So Jen and Steph were over last night until like 3 in the morning and around 2 o'clock we started to get really crazy and hyper. We ended up setting up Jen's digital camera and taking a video of us having girl talk all in ditzy language.....great times I tell you. I miss talking like that sometimes. I mean, not like I was always like that in the past, but Kat and I are pretty good when we get going.

Well, that was a whole lot of randomness, but I hope that will satisfy the appetite of anyone who has been anxiously checking my blog just waiting for a word or two....(don't deny it, some of you check every day, don't you?)

3 Comments:

At 2:51 PM , Blogger Becca said...

*head hangs sheepishly*
"not EVERY day"...
but yes- I do miss you when you are gone - o blog o blog wherefore art thou Karen blog ?
Love you hon!
Becca

 
At 5:53 PM , Blogger Jen said...

OHHHH YOU! lol...you're awesome, Karen...opening your door for a ditz like me. WOW. How do you tolerate me when I'm like that?! hahahahaha...those were some good times. I DO think, though, that the "smells" coming from your basement may have had something to do with our late-night state!

 
At 11:26 PM , Blogger Karen said...

agreed...the smells from the basement may have affected the mood, although I didn't know that pot could make you hyper, I just thought it was a suppressant. Anyways, I guess I can't joke anymore about being a pot head because I'm living in the same house as one, so I by inhalation default, I also am one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home