Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Does this look like Shopper's Drug Mart to you?

I work at a PharmaChoice pharmacy (used to be a Price Watchers) but for some reason people seem to think we are just like Wal-Mart or Shopper's Drug Mart, which drives us crazy, especially since in our store Shopper's is practically a swear word. So on Saturday this lady comes in and I'm sure she's been in before. She was looking for hand lotion so I directed her to the proper aisle . She asked me if there was a senior's discount and I told her that we give them a 10% discount. She found the hand lotion that she wanted and said "This is much less at Shopper's Drug Mart". I kindly explained to her that we are not a big-box store and we don't have the same wholesalers, so naturally our prices are going to be different. She proceeded to tell me that at Shopper's the discount is 10% and on Thursdays it is 20%. In my head I was going whoopty ding! How exciting! She then asked me if we would match Shopper's price. I couldn't believe it. We do not offer a price match guarantee because we would not make any money that way and would likely have to declare bankruptcy if we did that every time someone marched in and said that they could get something cheaper somehwhere else. So I said no and she asked several times and the answer was the same every time. Then she proceeded to whine about how it was so much cheaper at Shopper's. I finally just said "whatever works for you" and walked away.

So I went back to doing what I was doing and I had to come up to the front counter to get something. Well, here was the same lady giving the same spiel to Quinn! She had brought two different kinds of the same brand of lotion to the front and wondered why they were different prices. I explained that one was original and the other was unscented and that was why there was the price difference. She didn't seem to understand though and so she looked on the bottom of the bottle and saw that one of them was supposed to expire in August and so she thought that was why it was cheaper. I'm just like, oh my goodness, people are so strange...... People like that just bug me. I mean, is there a sign above our door that says Wal-Mart or Shopper's!!!!???? We're a locally-owned small town-like drugstore, not a big impersonal chain store. If things are so much cheaper at Wal-Mart than people can go to Wal-Mart if they want to!!! I mean, half of our staff buys stuff at Wal-Mart because some things there are cheaper. Just stop coming into our store and complaining!!! GRRR!!! If I never have to work again in retail, I can't say I'll be sad.

1 Comments:

At 10:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some people need to get their heds adjusted, as for others...you're lucky there are others, else I think you'd go crazy in retail....I fell your pain....I really do!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home