Sunday, August 14, 2005

Stinkin' Winter Knee!

So I've really had to think of Mike these past few days because my knee is feeling a little sore and tender. Just out of the blue. On the day that it first started hurting it began raining. I figured it had something to so with the weather but it is still hurting. I remember Mike often had a sore knee and he would always say "Bah!!! Stinkin' winter knee!" So that is what I have to say now. And of course it had to come when I was becoming more active (connection maybe?) It seems that every time I decide to actually make a concerted effort to take charge of my health and get more active in an effort to combat this weight problem I have, something goes wrong. 2 years ago when I had finally gotten into a routine of going regularly to the gym, I sprained my ankle and had to back off from the cardio I was doing. This time I was all excited because I was going to finally try to get into jogging. It takes quite awhile to work up to being able to jog straight for 30 minutes but I was just in the beginning stages. I think I was just pushing it too hard and running on cement sidewalks just isn't the best for the joints, injured or not. It kind of sucks because I was actually motivated and excited for once and now that I have to back off/rest for awhile, I wonder if that motivation will ever come back. All I can say is "Stinkin' winter knee!!!!"

1 Comments:

At 7:55 PM , Blogger Becca said...

i think of that a lot too... "stinkin' winter knee"... I miss you hon... a lot... and I miss Mike... a lot... anyhow... nice to see you posting here... sorry to hear about your knee... and yah - it does seem that stuff always comes up when you get dedicated... stupid... love you hon
-Becca

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home