Thursday, September 08, 2005

Tidbits of Happiness

OK, so generally I have come to despise first week of classes: there are just too many people everywhere you turn and everyone is basically confused. There is one thing I like about being back at school though and that's seeing some familiar faces that I have not seen in awhile. What really makes me happy though is when people take the time to say your name when they see you. It is just a little thing but it means a lot. When someone takes the time to personally acknowledge me by remembering and saying me name rather than the general "hey" or "hi" it just makes my day. Like today when I was waiting at a crosswalk for the light to change, a car went by and I heard someone shout "Karen!" I looked to see some girls from one of my home towns in a car. One of them was leaning out the passenger's side and waving her arms, yelling my name. It made me grin from ear to ear and I really do like smiling that big. Smiling a good genuine smile just kind of warms me from the toes up and makes me feel good. I was once told that I had a great smile because it lights up my whole face and so I hope that my smile makes the person who acknowledged me feel good too. I think I am going to make more of an effort to greet people by name. Who knows, if there are people that appreciate the simple things like me, maybe I'll make someone's day.

1 Comments:

At 11:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

KAREN, KAREN, KAREN, KAREN!
Or as 'man voice' would say:
"KARwEN, KARwEN. I hope you wike me kawing you by yoor name."

Love you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home